Welcome!!

Hello All, and Welcome to my Criminal Justice Study Abroad Blog!! (Wow that was a Mouthful!!) I will attempt to keep as up-to-date with this blog while overseas as possible!! We leave for London, England on May 8th... I, along with my Mom and Uncle, will be in Ireland the Weekend of the 13th-15th... Return to London for the week... & Head home to Nebraska on May 22nd!! I have never been out of the Country so I'm Super Excited for this Adventure, and Happy to Share it with All of You!!

Ready... Set... ADVENTURE :)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stop... Or I'll tell you to Stop again!!

     So today is the end of day 3 in London!! The time has just flown by and I can't believe we leave for Ireland in like 30 hours and my Mom and Uncle leave for Paris tomorrow morning!! But those will be in later posts... First things first... The Internet here at our hotel is extremely slow and not very upload friendly so I'm so sorry I won't be able to post pictures or videos yet :( but I will hopefully be able to while we are in Ireland!!

     We landed at 11am on Monday morning and went straight to Windsor Castle. And let me tell you it is not just simply a castle but a city surrounding the castle which is like a city!! We took a tour through the Castle and saw the State Apartments which were absolutely incredibly amazing!! I cannot begin to describe the grandeur of these rooms so you will have to wait for the pictures! That night we went out to a local pub and I ordered my first legal drink!! A cider. And when they tell you it will sneak up on you it is no joke! I ordered a pint and couldn't finish more than half! It was sinfully delicious but maliciously dangerous :)

     After a long good nights sleep on Monday night we woke Tuesday morning to board the coaches (buses) for Oxford. The only way to truly describe Oxford is that it feels as though you are walking through a Harry Potter movie... It was breathtaking!! (Again, pictures to come!) We then went on to Stratford Upon Avon and walked through the house of Shakespeare's birth. We ate a quick lunch on the tourist filled and lively streets then back on the coaches and off to Warwick Castle. Now if some says the word "Castle" the image that comes to mind is Warwick. A strong brick fortress surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside. The towers were fear inducing and intimidating and the 3 of us made the 500 stair climb the top and the views were more than rewarding!!

     This morning while I was touring the Met Police Training Center and the Charring Police Station, Mom and Uncle Rob went to West Minster Abbey and the Churchill War Rooms! But more on their visits on a later post. At the Met PTC we talked with a Sergeant and a Constable about how they recruit and how they police and that is where the title of my blog comes from. They police without firearms whereas, we in the US love our guns and would never expect our policemen to protect us without firearms. They saying goes in the US police will yell "Stop or I'll shoot!" in London the police yell "Stop... Or I'll tell you to Stop again!"

     So that is what I have for you all now... Hopefully I'll get some pics and videos up soon!

XoXo,
Kelsey Corinne

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey, sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I can't wait to see the pictures. I am sure your mom & Rob will love Paris, and you will all love Ireland. What an awesome experience for you. Enjoy! Love you, Sharon
    P.S. Tell your mom everything turned out great with Chris. We are home and he has one medication to take & no surgery!! Yea!!

    ReplyDelete